Terms and conditions
1. Applies to all quotations issued.
2. All prices quoted are estimates only and can vary if necessary to insure a correct and safe installation. You will be notified of any changes as soon as identified verbally or in writing.
3. We pride ourselves on being the cheapest, if you find a like for like quotation we will try our best to beat it, we will require a copy of the quotation you intend us to beat.
4. All quotations are valid for 30 days only.
5. Applies to all services carried out and systems installed.
6. Payments must be finalised on completion of work,
unless otherwise agreed. Changes must be made in writing and signed by
Rhino Fire & Security Systems to be valid. Rhino Fire & Security Systems are the legal owners of any systems installed until full payment has been made. We reserve the right to remove or disconnect any equipment unpaid for after installation.
7. A deposit of up to half of the quotation cost may be required before work commences.
8. If you change your mind deposits are non refundable and you must pay for any work carried out up until you have notified us of your wish to cancel in writing.
9. We accept card, cash and cheque payments, Please be aware there is a 3% Charge for debit cards and a 5% charge for credit cards.
10. Applies to all installations and maintenance's carried out by Rhino Fire and Security Systems.
11. Work areas must be kept clear of people, animals and valuable or fragile objects to avoid accidents and injuries at all times. All work areas should be cleared by the customer before work begins.
12. Access to the property must be provided if owner is unavailable to attend. Customer doesn’t need to be present during installation.
13. The work is for the quotation Only. Additional work must be quoted for separately. Unless otherwise agreed by Rhino Fire & Security Systems in writing.
14. Your estimated time of work completion, this is an estimate only, work time can vary if necessary to accommodate for changes to the job, business related events and other company related issues.
15. If we incur any waiting time or delays beyond our control such as no access to the property, additional charges at £49 per hour will be chargeable. We must be notified of any restrictions beforehand to avoid charges. If we attend and are not given access to your property our call out rate still applies.
16. Cables will be surface run using a staple gun unless otherwise quoted for and clearly stated.
17. client is responsible for any lifting and reinstatement of floorboards and carpets. Any decorating or making good is the responsibility of the client.
18. Installations may vary to specification in order to achieve a safe and correct installation.
19. Electrical connections may be made via a plug top, we recommend consulting an electrician regarding a more permanent connection. Cost are to be paid by the client.
20. The client understands that ALL security systems require constant power to operate and that in the event of a power cut their system may not operate. Also that constant loss of power can damage the system.
21. Any damages must be brought to our attention before any system is handed over and or payment is finalised. We cannot accept any damages brought to our attention after work completion.
22. Applies to all systems installed.
23. 1 year warranties apply only to items installed or supplied by Rhino Fire & Security Systems from the date of order. The warranty does not cover any environmental, accidental or intentional damage, poor care or external influences such as lightning strikes, fire or floods. Any evidence found to suggest this could result in the warranty or maintenance being terminated with immediate effect.
24. £100 call out fees apply for any non warranty issues unless a maintenance contract is in place at which the contract pricing would take effect.
25. Warranty does not cover any serviceable or wear and tear parts and covers equipment failures only.
Remote Viewing and monitored systems
26. Applies only to CCTV systems with remote viewing and monitored alarm systems.
27. Remote viewing requires a ‘Static IP address’ you the client understand that your router might have a ‘Dynamic IP address’ which can often change causing the configuration of any remote viewing to be inaccessible. You also understand that to obtain a ‘Static IP address’ you may need to contact your internet provider and request this at a possible charge.
28. To enable remote viewing your router has to be ‘Remotely accessed’ this means to enable your router to be accessed worldwide. Although passwords and information are not shared or noted down the client understands security can be at risk and that they should get an antivirus with internet access protection and consult an IT specialist.
29. you understand that you need a good 3G/4G or internet connection to access your system remotely.
30. If you have a 3G/4G router installed to access your system remotely, you understand that you are responsible for ensuring data is ‘Topped up’ on the sim card.
31. you understand that If your system is connected to a ‘busy’ router that you might not be able to view your system while heavy traffic is passing through the router.
32. you understand that mobile applications recommend to you or chosen by you to view your system on are not the responsibility of Rhino Fire & Security Systems.
33. Remotely monitored systems may rely on the properties internet or phone line connection and that it is the clients responsibly to keep this correctly operating and maintained.
34. Applies to all fire alarm systems installed or maintained.
35. I understand that Rhino Fire & Security Systems holds no responsibility in the event of an alarm failing to operate. All alarms are tested and inspected after installation for correct operation and documented. Regular testing and inspection may help to detect a faulty or failed device before a fire. We recommend taking out a maintenance contract to have your system regularly tested to help identify any defective parts.
36. I understand that I must not move or alter the system in any way and that all alterations are carried out by Rhino Fire & Security Systems.
37. I understand that the system may not operate if damaged and that this could put my safety at risk.
38. I understand that the installation of a fire detection system does not ensure my safety and that they are only a form of early warning systems for me to act upon.
39. I understand that unless otherwise stated in writing that this system does not automatically contact the fire services and that it is my responsibility to do so.
40. I understand that unless otherwise stated in writing this system is not fire resistant and can be destroyed in the event of a fire.
41. The client understands that the system runs on mains electrical power and has a battery back up in the event of a power failure but this may only last up to 24 hours and requires regular maintenance.
42. Remotely monitored systems may rely on the properties internet or phone line connection and that it is the clients responsibly to keep this correctly operating and maintained.
43. Applies to all intruder and personal attack systems installed or maintained.
44. You the client understand that an intruder alarm system does not prevent a break in and the system only acts as a deterrent.
45. Remotely monitored systems may rely on the properties internet or phone line connection and that it is the clients responsibly to keep this correctly operating and maintained.
46. The client understands that regular maintenance is required to detect any faults or disconnections and that the system may not operate correctly unless otherwise maintained.
47. The client has been advised that if a battery system is installed that regular maintenance essential to ensure system operates correctly and to check battery life.
48. The client understands that the system runs on mains electrical power and has a battery back up in the event of a power failure but this may only last up to 24 hours.
49. Applies to all CCTV or Camera systems installed or maintained.
50. The client understands that images recorded at their property are for security purposes only.
51. The client understands that their CCTV system runs on mains electrical power and in the event of a power cut no images will be recorded unless a battery backup system is installed.
52. The client understands that regular maintenance is essential to ensure system is operating correctly.
54. Applies to all Access control and gate systems installed or maintained.
55. The client understands that regular maintenance is essential to ensure system is operating correctly.
56. The client understands that their system runs on mains electrical power and in the event of a power cut no images will be recorded unless a battery backup system is installed.
57. The client understands that an Access control or gate system is design and intended for prevention of general access and not designed to stop break-ins or intrusion.
57.1 The client understand that if any gated system is found to be unsafe this will be powered down immediately until rectification works can be carried out.
58. Applies to systems installed.
59. Full payment must be made before our engineers can official handover our system to you.
60. Rhino is the owner of any installation or equipment until payment is made in full.
61. We reserve the right to remove any of our equipment, product or services if payment is not made within the stated time period under payments section.